|California Warning||WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov|
I have had this leg press - hack squat machine in my garage gym for a couple months now. What I can say is that Titan has succeeded again in delivering a powerfully built piece of gym equipment at a price that is lower than the competition.
The leg press arrived well packaged with all the parts included and well labelled. It was fairly easy to assemble just by following the instructions.
I'm 5'10" and the press / hack positions fit me perfectly. Two other guys who use the gym are 6'1" and 6'2" and one girlfriend at 5'8" all size well. It's easy to get in and out of the machine and plates load well.
This and a good power rack are the two pieces I would start with when building a gym.
So I think I had this in my cart off and one for a month. $1000 is not chump change, but I really need to strengthen my legs and sometimes I don’t want to move everything around to do squats. Okay, maybe it’s that I really just don’t like squats. Anyways, I finally pulled the trigger and expected it it to be much worse than it is. I expected “serviceable”. The sled system is much smoother than I expected. I would recommend this if you have the money and space. Our three kids are just starting to get to the age that they’ll be able to use it so our investment will hopefully help five people stay healthy and fit.
- Easy to hop on and get a quick leg workout
- I enjoy the hack squat much more than I expected
- Construction was more solid and smooth than expected
- I was worried about an awkwardly lifted back pad when doing hack squats, but I have plenty of room to hack squat while leaving the pad where it is
- Hack squat doesn’t have enough height for me to fully stand (I’m 6’7” though so this may be an outlier issue)
- I had to add rubber spacers from Home Depot because the plates would hit the back middle support when I would press/stand all the way up
- Plate storage is great, but I’d love to see a version 2.0 where the storage is vertical somehow instead of flat on the ground. It’s much better than nonstorage at all, but would be nice.
All in all, I would highly recommend this. I use it all the time and am happy with my purchase.
...Why wouldn’t you?! I have a T2 rack, and got the leg press swing attachment. The LPS is cool and I’m still using it for really destroying my legs, but the leg press hack squat is, to date, my favorite piece in my garage gym. I have been searching the web for a new or used one and this was (when I got it on Black Friday) more cost effective than any used one I could find. Packaging was perfect, even after the long trip to California. Directions were simple and straightforward, easily finished it on my own. Drank too much to use it the next morning after assembly, but don’t judge...I burned all those calories the next day and could barely walk for the next few days. Being the glutton for punishment that I am and not having anyone to spot me on heavy lifts, this is perfect! PERFECT, I tell you!!! I can’t wait to see what next level this unit will help me reach!